Book Review: Truly Madly Guilty

Book Review: Truly Madly Guilty
Author: Liane Moriarty
No of Pages: 415
Released on: July 26, 2016
Goodreads: ★★
Buy this Book here: Amazon

pc: Goodreads


My Thoughts: 

1.5 stars!!! O my god...!!! This was so boring and long. I don't even know how I finished it... I should get an award for this... the story is just dragged out, there is no suspense (I had guessed everything more or less before the first half) and just a lot of annoying characters.

Something has happened on the day of a barbecue party at a neighbor's house, something that has driven a wedge between lifelong friends and a marriage. The story progresses in two different time slots, present day( two months after the barbecue) and the day of the barbecue. The whole first half is just introducing characters and just normal day to day chit chat which did put me to sleep a few times. I was ready to give up on this book at this point but the promise of revelation kept me going. What could have possibly happened in one afternoon to have such drastic results?? Now I really regret finishing this and wasting my time because as it happens I had already guessed it!!! This was long, boring and completely anticlimactic.

Moreover I couldn't even decide which character is the worst!And their decisions??? How could they think that was OK.?? Erika's mother! She annoyed the hell out of me and every time she appeared I just wanted to throw the book away!!! Everyone feeling guilty when they haven't even done anything... and that too to this extent. I generally like Liane Moriarty's books but this one was just not for me.

Comments

Popular Posts