Book Review: Persepolis
Book Review: Persepolis
Author: Marjane Satrapi
No of Pages: 341
Goodreads: ★★★★★
Buy this Book here: Amazon
My Thoughts:
I don't think I am qualified enough to rate and review this masterpiece, I have never been a non fiction reader, but this book like the author herself defies all rules. I finished it in one day and can't seem to forget about it.
Author: Marjane Satrapi
No of Pages: 341
Goodreads: ★★★★★
Buy this Book here: Amazon
pc: Goodreads
My Thoughts:
This is a graphic autobiography depicting author's childhood and early adulthood in Iran during and after Islamic Revolution. It tells about the turns her life took as everything around her changed.
If I am being completely honest, it's very difficult for me to rate this book. I mean how am I supposed to do that!!! How do you rate perfection? Story of Iran... story of a tragedy... story of a life lived in bounds... all told in a humorous format. It will make your eyes widen with wonder and make you think how could a human take another's basic rights without blinking an eye. It will show you the background of a city which has seen so much war that it doesn't know anything else. And after all that it will tell you the story of a little girl who rebelled as one by one all her basic rights got stripped from her, as she saw some of her favorite people in the world die in the name of god.
I don't think I am qualified enough to rate and review this masterpiece, I have never been a non fiction reader, but this book like the author herself defies all rules. I finished it in one day and can't seem to forget about it.


Comments
Post a Comment