Book Review: Shatter me series
Book Review: Shatter me series
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Goodreads: ★★★★
Buy this series here: Amazon
My Thoughts:
I read shatter me series about a month ago and have not stopped thinking about since then... see the problem is that I really hated the writing style of these books to a point where the thought of throwing them across the room crossed my mind several times, but when I started the first book I was on vacation and had only taken one book with me(😬i know right???), so I had no other option but to stick it out and I am kind of glad that I did. You see my main problem with the book was its writing style because the story was kind of OK so I decided to ignore those senseless sentences in between and once I did, it was intriguing enough to want me to continue with the series. So when I came back home I picked up the second book (and by the way, that writing style is lot less noticeable in this one)... this is when I really got into the story. I did not like Adam from the start and for some reason loved Warner( maybe because he is a bad boy) so when things really started taking shape as they did I really LOVED it. I would be awake all night reading this book and still wouldn't tire of it. Then the third book rolled around and OO MY GOD.. it was even better than the second one. See when you are reading there are always certain scenes that you want represented some other way than the author... but let me just tell you that in this book the author did everything perfectly for me. I loved every scene just the way it was done. In fact I loved the way things ended so much that I am almost scared of reading the next book that came out this year.
This is a dystopian series where our protagonist Juliette's touch is lethal. This story is told from her point of view. Even though this story claims to be this action packed adult dystopian series... on the core of it is a love story, which is not to say that it is a bad story since I personally really liked it... but if you are looking for action you won't find it too much here.
PS: Please leave your comments regarding this series if you have read it or if you are planning to read it.


Comments
Post a Comment