50 books to read before I die

We all have seen posts with this title, personally for me there was a time when I read a 100 of posts with this title. With each list I realised that there are a few books I would definitely love to read, but, there were also some that I had no interest in ever picking up( at least right now) and committing to a list with those titles just did not entice me enough. So, here I am compiling a list of books that I would love to read and also some that I have already read because I want this list to cater to everyone's needs. I hope you guys find here something that you like, and if you would like to suggest some additions that will make this list even better, I would love to hear them. These are in no order, I am just adding these as I read (about) them.


  1. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
  2. His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
  3. The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss
  4. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
  5. Perfume: the Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind
  6. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  7. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
  8. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  9. The Tenent of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
  10. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
  11. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
  12. Dracula by Bram Stoker
  13. Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson
  14. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
  15. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
  16. Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
  17. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R.Tolkin
  18. The Hobbit by J.R.R.Tolkin
  19. Harry Potter series by J.K.Rowling
  20. 1984 by George Orwell
  21. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
  22. The Pillars of Earth by Ken Follett
  23. Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
  24. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
  25. Emma by Jane Austen
  26. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
  27. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  28. A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth
  29. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
  30. The Secret history by Donna Tartt
  31. The Godfather by Mario Puzo
  32. Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie
  33. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
  34. Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  35. The Color Purple by Alice Walker
  36. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
  37. American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
  38. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  39. Narnia by C.S.Lewis
  40. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  41. Night by Elie Wiesel
  42. The Fault in our Stars by John Green
  43. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  44. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
  45. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
  46. The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
  47. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
  48. Atlas Shrugged By Ayn Rand
  49. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  50. Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan


    Comments

    1. Hey guys... just to let you know, I have read a few of these books. This list is compiled the way it is because I wanted it to be diverse. Here are the books I have already read.
      And then there were none
      Ready player one
      Perfume
      Pride and prejudice
      Jane eyre
      The diary of a young girl
      Persepolis
      Harry Potter
      Hunger games
      The fault in our stars
      Lunar chronicles
      Percy jackson
      I loved all of these books which is why I included them here.

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts