Favorite books of 2017

Hi everyone...

I wanted the first post on this blog to be a very positive one, so we are going to start with some books that I absolutely loved in the year 2017.

1.  Simon vs. the homo sapiens agenda by Becky Albertalli

This is a LGBT love story that made me feel all the things... it made me laugh and it made me cry... this is the kind of book you finish in one sitting and then think about afterwards for days.
I highly recommend reading this... give it a try. 

2. Sharp objects by Gillian Flynn

This book is the complete opposite of the last book i talked about. It is a deeply disturbing book about a reporter that returns to her hometown to cover the murders of two little girls...but staying here makes her question her own sanity as long buried demons of her past threatens to come out.I wound not recommend this book to the light hearted, but i can assure you that you would not be able to forget this one any time soon.

3. The grownup by Gillian Flynn

This is a short story by the author of Sharp Objects. Like any of her books it has a smart and ambitious heroine, it is creepy and . Like any of her books it has a smart and ambitious heroine, it is creepy and  makes you wonder what the hell is actually happening.
In the end it leaves you hanging which I usually do not like but with this story it completely works.

4. Big little lies by Liane Moriarty

A murder mystery enveloped in a small town drama. It gives you everything you would expect from a story like that and more... it keeps you captivated until the end.

5. Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

This is a young adult series which contains four books(Cinder, Scarlet, Cress,Winter). Their story takes place in a dystopian society where each book of the series is a new take on an old fairy tale. Cinder is based on Cinderella, Scarlet on Little red riding hood, cress on Rapunzel and Winter on Snow white. All four books employ different aspects of those fairy tales yet are so original it is astonishing.

6. Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

I picked this book up with no expectations but it turned out so so amazing, which you can probably tell by the fact that it’s been about 10 months since I read this and I still think about it. It is one of those books that you read again and again and never get bored of. The friendship these two seemingly different boys develop is beautiful and make you keep thinking about hours later it is finished.



2

Comments

Popular Posts